DOTA 2 Betting
Dota is MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) genre of gaming, which combines role-playing and real-time strategy. The popularity of Dota or Defense of the Ancients dates to when Blizzard Entertainment included this esport game in many worldwide tournaments. Dota is considered to be one of the most significant inspirational MOBA games of all time. In 2009, US game developer Valve Corporation acquired the rights to develop further the Dota2 sequel. In Dota2, each human controls one Dota hero which has in its turn powerful and unique abilities to counter those of other game heroes. The game revolves around strengthening individual heroes and the players do not need to focus their energy and strategy in building and controlling their team’s bases.
The rise in Dota 2’s popularity subsequently brought the esports betting closer to the game. Dota 2 betting now generates millions of dollars in revenue with the influx of well established online betting operators who are offering odds on an ever-increasing number of dota 2 esports matches and tournaments. Many Dota 2 top players have won millions of dollars through their participation and winning popular tournaments like The International.
Dota 2 Betting
Playing video games is now considered as a legitimate sport. In fact, there are professional leagues held for certain games, with some tournaments paying handsomely for the victors, with prize pools that have reached whopping amounts. One such game that has made a mark as an Esport is DOTA 2.
With the emergence of these games as a sport, it opened up multiple outlets for people to make money off it. This article will serve as your guide to DOTA 2 Betting and how you can make a profit out of it.
What is DOTA 2?
Developed and published by Valve Corporation, this game is a free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena video game. Unlike its predecessor which is a mod for Warcraft III, DOTA 2 is now a stand-alone game. The objective of the game is simple, one team destroys the base of the opposing team, also called as the “ancient”. This game can be played by up to 10 players, with each team composing of a maximum of 5 players.
Each player gets to control a hero, which can be selected by the player or randomly assigned to them, depending on the game mode. Each hero has unique character traits and skill sets, and it would be up to each player to get the most out of their hero to give their team an edge. Heroes can be strengthened by gaining experience, learning and upgrading skills, and assembling weapons. While each player can create an overpowering hero that can beat just about anyone on the opposing squad, it also takes solid teamwork and Dota 2 Strategies to consistently succeed in this game.
Garnering a following for Dota 2 Betting
DOTA 2 has a strong following worldwide, and has fostered a highly competitive gaming scene. As mentioned earlier, it is now being played in different parts of the globe like a professional sport, with tournaments being put up that’s dedicated to the game. Great teams and players are treated like rock stars, and they earn enough money from playing to earn a beyond-decent living. The biggest tournament in this Esport is known as The International, which is sponsored by DOTA 2’s developer Valve. Some of these tournaments even have extensive media coverage that’s comparable to traditional sports tournaments.
Due to the popularity of DOTA 2, it wasn’t long until a thriving betting environment catering to this game gets created. Just like other popular video games turned Esports such as Counterstrike and StarCraft, systems are dedicated to providing Dota 2 betting opportunities for gamers and fans. Are you intrigued on how you can become a successful bettor in this game? Here are some tips that we can share for you:
- Find a legit Dota 2 betting site - It is important that you only do your betting transactions on a legitimate booking company. There are still cases wherein fraudulent betting sites successfully rip off unwitting gamblers of their hard-earned money. For your own safety, make sure to only place bets on betting sites, bookmakers, and sportsbooks that have a positive track record. It will be even better if they have a valid betting license for your full confidence. After all, in an ideal world, any serious bookie would be licensed to operate legally. Check out all the best betting sites
- Update your game knowledge - While some would argue that gambling is generally a game of chance, it also takes skill to make the right bets. Perhaps the most important skill you can develop when betting on DOTA 2 matches (and on any sport in general) is to build your game knowledge. You have to know how the game works, how matches usually unfold, and how to determine which team has the better chance of winning. This means you should take time to watch the matches and know the teams and players competing. That way, you can make calculated risks on the Dota 2 betting spread.
- Study the matchups - Bets tend to change on a match-to-match basis. There are matchups where a particular team is considered as the heavy favorite to win, while there are other matchups where both squads are evenly matched. It is important that you study each match before placing a bet on them. There are certain matchups where Dota 2 betting on one side is considered safe, while there are other matches where there is a very strong upset potential. Again, game knowledge comes very handy here.
- Study the trends - One of the best things about sports is that things tend to be very dynamic. Just because one team is considered to be favored on paper doesn’t mean that it would win 100%. There are factors to consider that will tilt matchups in favor or against one side, even if the odds say otherwise. For example, teams that added new players generally have a hard time winning, even if they have a strong lineup on paper. Also, some teams match up favorably well against specific teams. Lastly, some teams might be in better form than others.
- Smart Dota 2 Betting - It is important that you bet smart at all times. It is not easy to do, as our emotions tend to get in the way sometimes. Bettors tend to make the most mistakes either when they are feeling lucky too much after a hot streak or when they are feeling a little desperate after losing consecutive matches. It is important that with each bet, you always keep your head in the game. Take time to choose the side that’s more logical to win and yield profit. Look at the odds, evaluate the rewards compared to the risk, and allocate money to a spread appropriately.
There is no sure-fire way to win every bet in DOTA 2 betting. However, playing each bet the right way will help you beat the odds and win more than you lose. It takes a combination of luck, skill, experience, and timeliness to make the right bet in each matchup. As a final piece of advice: enjoy betting responsibly.